Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fish Sarciado

        Lately, I've been studying online to improve my knowledge on internet marketing. I have some wild business ideas I've been nurturing since November last year, and I figured it would be to my advantage if I learned the ropes myself. I also asked the children to learn as much as they can, since my middle child is into Computer Graphics and Animation and the eldest is into Web Applications Development and Design. Now, I'm no techie mom, so this is a challenge to me.

        By the way, this is also the reason I will be posting recipes and other posts at least 4-5 times a week instead of daily. I hope that's okay.

        Have you ever had a wild, business idea or product, that you just knew would make you huge amounts of money but never acted on it, and then a few months later, you see that same idea now being sold in stores or implemented by another person? Chances are, you have, right? Well, I believe they are divine inspirations given by God to us. And maybe, just maybe, next time you come up with a million dollar idea, you will put that into writing, explore it and act on it. Who knows, that might just be the break you need.

        How and why did I get into that? Well anyways, today we will be making Fish Sarciado. Literally the name means, Saucy Fish. From the word ' sarsa' or 'salsa' . I think it's more of soupy fish, though. It is one of the easiest dishes to make and serve.For those times, you feel particularly lazy or busy, this will be put together in 15 minutes or less.


Fish Sarciado


        Let's make Sarciado!

INGREDIENTS:

3-6 pieces whole small fish or fish fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper, fried
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 onion sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg
2 cups water 
salt and pepper to taste

PROCEDURE:

1. For whole fish, simply season with salt and pepper and fry. For fish fillets, season with salt and pepper and dip in flour before frying. Set aside.
Frying the fish

2. Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes in a tablespoon of oil. Add the fried fish and the water. Cover and simmer to combine the flavors.

3. Season with salt and pepper. Drop an egg and disperse with a fork. Laddle into a soup bowl and add a few drops of olive or sesame oil on top. Serve hot with rice.
Dispersing the egg

NOTE: This is a great dish to reuse leftover fried fish.

Better served in a bowl than a tray, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment